Case Study: Emergency Preparedness
In 2018, Green Cities Property Management went through an extensive review of its emergency preparedness policies, aligning with the American Red Cross Ready Rating. This assessment provides a framework and measuring system for best practices on emergency preparedness and action planning.
Green Cities Property Management currently has a Level 3 Rating, the highest rating, on the Ready Rating Assessment, scoring 85/100 possible points.
Emergency preparedness strategies implemented across assets managed by Green Cities Property Management include:
- Emergency response plan which provides guidelines on how to respond to different types/levels of emergencies, covers the loss of key services, and includes a variety of safety and security considerations
- Annual safety inspections and facility and equipment checks
- Evacuation routes leading to safe assembly areas
- Arrangements in place to accommodate the needs of people with disabilities during an emergency
- Ongoing emergency response training and exercises for staff
The Green Cities’ ESG team plans to launch participation in the American Red Cross Ready Rating across all of its third-party managed assets in 2021.